RE: '75 MGB for sale

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: '75 MGB for sale
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:06:31 -0500
Robert said:

>How big is CT?  Texas I can see not wanting to go out of state to get a
car.
>I live in Austin, and it is 5 hours highway driving to get out of the
state.
>If you drove for 5 hours at an average speed of 60 MPH, where would that
put
>you from your location in CT?

Connecticut is extremely small.  I practically missed it when I drove 200
miles through four states to buy the '74 Midget.  And the pavement on I-95
(the highway that runs across it) is in extremely poor condition.  The
raised seams in the road are distanced so as to harmonically excite the
critical frequency of an MG at 60-65 mph, thus leading to the sensation that
one is riding a horse.

I don't know where folks normally look for classic cars, but it took me 6
months of scanning classifieds, Hemmings, and the Internet to find a decent
candidate, and my location criteria was one day's drive distance.  I almost
bought a '76 Midget in Burlington, VT.  (8 hours distant)

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite