Re: Rebuilt Transmissions

To: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Subject: Re: Rebuilt Transmissions
From: mgraziano@mindspring.com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:08:03 -0500
Chris,

Give John Esposito (Quantum Mechanics) a call at 203-459-9612.  He does
incredible work at a reasonable price.  He's in CT,  but if people think him
valuable enough to send him boxes from Europe to rebuilt (and they do), then CA
doesn't seem so far away.

Mike

Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu> wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with/opinions about Victoria British
remanufactured transmissions?  I have a fairly noisy early 3-synchro,
and am trying to think of the best way to fix it with minimal
downtime.

Alternatively, are there any other vendors I should consider?  Any MG
shops in the San Francisco/San Jose, California, area who are good at
overhaul?

Has anyone tried a 5-speed transmission conversion to either Ford
Sierra or Nissan 280-type tranny?  MG World Magazine (UK) has an
article in the current issue about a seemingly comprehensive
conversion kit...only problem is that necessary Sierra tranny isn't
really available here.  I remember talking to Doug Jackson of British
Automotive (Novato, CA) about this at last year's Tahoe NAMGAR meet,
but he was somewhat vague about availability of the kit in the US.

Cheers,
Chris Attias
'64 MGB
'84 Alfa Romeo GTV-6