Re: [Re: Poetry and Proper Name....]

To: matttrebelhorn@netscape.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Re: Poetry and Proper Name....]
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:13:29 EST
In a message dated 3/15/00 3:35:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
matttrebelhorn@netscape.net writes:

<< BTW, there is also conflict over E-type vs. XK-E.  The Letter-Type (C-type,
 D-Type) nomenclature at Jaguar was, up to that time, for pure race cars.  The
 XK-Number (120, 140, 150) was for more civilized GT/Sports cars.  E-Type
would
 be stretching the truth a bit (it was, after produced by the thousands,
mostly
 used on the street), but XK-E is a combination of the two.  Jaguar only
rarely
 used the name E-Type.  And Jan and Dean, of course, used XK-E (Dead Man's
 Curve). >>

Thanks for the info, Matt.  Very interesting.  Didn't Jaguar put "E-TYPE" on
the boot lid on some of those cars?  And in America, largely due to Jan and
Dean, we called it XK-E.  Just speculation on my part, I couldn't afford one.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport