Re: MG/BMW?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG/BMW?
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:47:20 EST
In a message dated 3/16/00 3:59:34 PM, macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu writes:

<<  Alchemy Partners is pleased to announce the
>              impending launch of the MG Car Company following
>              today's outline agreement with BMW to acquire Rover
>              Group.  >>

I got some real fun gossip several weeks ago from a "highly placed" German
source that Ford is in talks to acquire BMW!  Yikes!  Several years ago I
wouldn't have believed it, but after Chrysler, anything is possible.  The
selling off of company parts that Ford probably isn't interested in makes
perfect sense.  However, it also makes perfect sense that BMW wants rid of
that part of the company that cost it billions in losses last year.  Stay
tuned.

Jay Donoghue
72 MGB
72 MGB-GT