Re: Volvo and any car co. warranty

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Volvo and any car co. warranty
From: martens@auditor.sk.ca
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:16:47 -0600
Regional Rep is the final authority on whether a repair will be covered
under warranty, I offer the following comment from experience.

The Rep is not the final authority, but it is best to pitch your case with
him first - there is no need to immediately go over his head. However, if
he does not agree that the fault reported before the warranty expired will
be fully covered by the manufacturer, then, better than parking on the
lawn, is to contact the head of the company, ie the president of Volvo (US)
Inc. in this example probably.

In our family, a problem with a GMC truck was swiftly (and pleasantly)
handled when, in this case, we sent the President of General Motors of
Canada a fax, clearly and politely outlining the problem. Within hours,
contact was received back, and a senior GM offical was given the task of
monitoring and providing updates on the status of the issue until the
matter was fully resolved. This has also worked with Sears. Just be sure to
thoughtfully identify the issue and what you think is the appropriate
solution.

Andrew