Batteries, Part II

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Batteries, Part II
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 10:23:40 -0600
OK, I knew it wasn't over until it was over.

The battery fit in the box nicely, but when I tried to drop it into the
well, it wouldn't fit. The only thing I can think of is that the battery
caused the plastic box to bow ever so slightly, and of course, the metal
well can't give at all. Next step is to start hacksawing the protrusions on
the battery. That might eliminate the battery strap, but I have a webbed
belt that I can use as a handle by using duct tape to hold it to the
battery.

Now for the bad news. Remember when I was told that Champion no longer made
the battery I was looking for. Well, that is correct. What the #_)(*&)(*
didn't tell me is that they redesigned the battery, with the side terminals
on the side instead of at a 45 degree angle. I noticed them at Sam's club
last time I looked. Next time I'll bring the box, and be sure it fits
without bowing. However, I have a battery, and shouldn't buy another one.

More later after checking the Champion battery, and carving up the Delco.

Jack