The MG Car Company Lives Again

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The MG Car Company Lives Again
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 10:37:59 -0600
I probably should have the article to quote from, but this morning's Chicago
Tribune had an article about BMW selling off Rover. According to the
article, Land Rover will be sold to Ford, and the rest of the company to a
firm that specializes in buying distressed companies and either liquidating
them, or building them up for re sale.

When asked, the new owners said they had no plans for breaking up what was
left of Rover, and showed their good sense by naming the new Company the MG
Car Company! Showed they are smarter than BMW.

This follows an article yesterday about how the new Mini would be sold at
Rover Dealers. That obviously needs to be worked out. Also, the re designed
MG ( I heard that was in the process of being done), might be a car we see
here. BMW was always accused of being afraid of eating into Z3 sales if they
offered the MG here.

These are truly interesting times!

Jack

"May you live in interesting times". Old Chinese Curse!