Need Fiberglass Hardtop Help

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Need Fiberglass Hardtop Help
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 01:27:45 EST
Listers,

I recently obtained a Snug Top Fiberglass Hardtop for my 1977 MGB.  The black
paint is in poor condition and it has various epoxy patches on the light
colored inside.  The windows are in good condition but it is missing all of
the weather seals.  I am ordering new weather seals through JC Whitney, and I
am wondering what preparations I should make to the top.
I would like to sand the top lightly and spray on some primer and paint.  Can
you recommend any specific techniques I should use to get my new hard top
back in order?  I know I need to be careful when sanding fiberglass and use a
mask; are there any other precautions I should take?  Any recommendations on
products I should use?  Should the outside be gloss, semigloss, flat? What
color should the inside be?  The car is maroon-damask red.

Thanks for all your help,
Steve Sanchez
1977 MGB