Fuel Prices

To: mgs List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Prices
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 11:58:07 -0500
Hi Listers,

I hope you are all as shocked and angered as I am to read the following:

In press releases issued by the foreign embassy of Turkey, on March 14,
15, 2000, it was reported:

* UN chief Annan issues warning on Iraqi oil industry
* UN Secretary General recommends to the Security Council doubling
financial aid to Iraq for spare parts and other oil production equipment
from $600 million to $1.2 billion over a year's period beginning this
June.

We already know that the USA pays virtually all the costs of operating
the UN. We also know that the USA pays vast sums of money in foreign aid
to nations in that region with dismal human rights records. What I
didn't know is that we were helping to support another aggressor, and a
very hostile government, Iraq.

If you are not happy to see gasoline prices nearly double during the
past 6 months, maybe you might like to inform your elected
representatives of your outrage after learning of this kind of
disgraceful activity.

Honesty in Government: today's oxymoron.

Jim (the old guy)