Rx7 rear end swap

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rx7 rear end swap
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 11:30:20 -0800
The rear end shop just informed me that they can't narrow the Rx7
axle after all.  It's made of sheet metal and would just warp
with the heat.  What I need to do in order to narrow it would
be to make a jig that would hold everything in alignment while
I (or someone who knows how) weld it up.

The critical measurement is that in order to run 280ZX wheels on
an Rx7 GSL-SE rear axle in a 1969 MGBGT, the axle needs to be
narrowed by 8 3/8".  To run MG wheels that would be approximately
6 3/4".

I'm curious, what would an LSD & disc brake rear end be worth to you?
I don't mean in the abstract, I mean if you could get one in the next
two months, what price would motivate you to pull out your checkbook
and write a check?  $1000? $2000?

The reason I ask is because if making a jig is necessary, the cost
for the first unit goes up *a lot* but the cost for subsequent units
goes down.

    Larry

--
I regret the mistakes I've made less than the opportunities lost from
risks not taken.