RE: gas prices, a rant, etc [a modest proposal]

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: gas prices, a rant, etc [a modest proposal]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:10:09 -0800
Hmmm, maybe we need to start talking about birth control... I mean, no
one should have more kids than can fit into an LBC, right?

John Steczkowski had this to say:

>Ok, I get to start my anti-anti-SUV rant....
>
>As the owner of several cars, each with a different mission (ok a couple
>aren't all that different)... I think people get a little extremist in their
>opinions... I have a Suburban, which I would gladly trade-in for a different
>car, if I could find one, that can hold Me, my wife, my four children, our
>luggage, and an occasionally our childrens friends, or the children that
>carpool to school with my kids and transport us safely and comfortably to
>various places. I would suggest that there is none, except for an
>Excursion... (the suburban seats 8)

Please note: The foregoing comment was entirely tongue-in-cheek. No
offense meant, coming from the second of seven children in a Catholic
family (BTW, we got by with Pontiac and Plymouth station wagons in those
pre-SUV, pre-minivan days). Just couldn't resist, considering the
irrelevant directions this discussion is taking.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149