Re: Interesting....Gas Prices...... Compare Beer and Water & Europe

To: <Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com>, <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Interesting....Gas Prices...... Compare Beer and Water & Europe
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:08:34 -0000
Now the UK Budget is out of the way I am just relieved the MGOC rumour that
road tax for cars over 2200cc was going up from UKP150 to UKP470 didn't come
true.  We already have a lower rate for cars under 1200cc and a four-tier
system is proposed for next year.  The higher rates will apply to 'newly
purchased' cars, but whether that is for new cars only or for the new owner
of a 'previously owned' car as well wasn't made clear.  If the latter is
true my V8 won't be worth tuppence, but at least 'er indoors isn't nagging
me to sell it now - worth tuppence or no.

PaulH.