Re: Rear Brake Lines

To: doddk@mossmotors.com
Subject: Re: Rear Brake Lines
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 12:51:43 EST
In a message dated 3/23/00 9:22:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
doddk@mossmotors.com writes:

<<  So after all that trouble to get the right length lines, with the
 correct fittings all installed at some kind of reasonable price.  Here you
 are sending the guy off to get bundyflex and a flaring tool.

    Sometimes I wonder why I bother.  :/ >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Keep on bothering, Kelvin.  There are quite a few of us who appreciate being
able to buy exactly what we need, ready to go.  I have never flared a brake
line, so when I replaced my Midget brake pipes, it was the kit from Moss that
I bought.  The kit was perfect.  Bending the copper/nickel alloy pipes was
easier than making them.

The only part I didn't use was the pretty red plastic clips!  And BTW, I
bought a tubing bender at the Eastwood Company store in Malverne, PA for a
BUCK!

I know there is an occasional bad-mouth session about Moss and VB on the
lists, but you gotta admit, they have great catalogs, and as many parts as
you could possibly want.  Sure they don't hit the bullseye on every part, but
then again, nobody does.  (I even made a mistake once!)  And the big two are
usually pretty good about making it right.

Without Moss (and the MGs list, and the Spridgets list, and Peter Caldwell,
and Ed Kaler, and Frank Clarici, non-smoker Larry Macy, and...well the list
is long, but it's distinguished!) I wouldn't have been able to get my Midget
on the road in less than a year.  I'm sure that many of the complainers have
a well-used Moss catalog in their garage.

And thanks go to Kelvin for holding his tongue when the complaints about Moss
hit the lists.  Great self-control, buddy!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport