Wire wheel hub nut size

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire wheel hub nut size
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 15:49:31 EST
I have another question which, stupid me, I've been struggling with for weeks
without thinking about this resource.  Here 'tis:  What is the size of the
nut holding the wire wheel hub on to the rear axle of a '72?  I ordered the
hub nut socket from Moss, waited a week for it.  Arrived today and I
discovered it is for the early axle, a fact not stated in the catelog.  I've
guessed at other sizes and am building an impressive collection of huge
sockets that either A) are too small or B) can't fit into the hub.  Those
things are expensive, too!

Any info, helpful hints, etc.?

Jay Donoghue

72 MGB