RE: MGA battery holders & welding

To: Gordon Bird <gb@the-bdc.com>
Subject: RE: MGA battery holders & welding
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 18:37:18 -0600
At 10:16 AM 3/24/2000 -0500, Gordon Bird wrote:

>> Mike,
>> Liquid gas does not  burn,
>
>Ah, I think it does.  What it generally won't do however is explode, which
the vapors will.

Ah, Gordie, you think wrong.  Gasoline must vaporize and mix with air to
some extent before it will burn.  At temperatures of about -40 degrees
(either F or C) you can actually extinguish a lit match in liquid gasoline
without the fuel burning.  Mind you I would not advise you to try this with
your mother watching.  <8(  (Now this should start a bloody great row on
more than one count).

Regards,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude