Uh oh, rust monster raising it's ugly head...

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Uh oh, rust monster raising it's ugly head...
From: Dan DiBiase <dibiase@home.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 21:25:06 -0500
Thanks to those that responded re: steering wheel rust. I'll choose a
method and report my results as soon as I get the job done... But worse
news...

Was under the car today trying to figure out where the little knob for
adjusting the parking brake is... When I noticed that the sections
behind the rocker panels (appears to be item 12 - "panel" - on page 41
of the Moss catalog MGB-12) are very rusty. In fact, I could stick my
finger inside the front of these pieces. While the parts themselves do
not appear to be expensive, I'm wondering how 'major' a job this is to
replace the several parts that make up this area... Not thinking of
myself but my local MG shop... Without photos - is this a serious
problem here??

TIA...

Fretfully,

Dan D