That's why I own my B...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: That's why I own my B...
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 11:45:57 -0500 (EST)
I am bursting. I just have to tell this story. I tried John Twist's detox
procedure last summer and totally boluxed up my car, a 76B. Could never
get it back to step 1.

So since I planned to replace the SZ with dual HIF's, I took the
opportunity to do so. Howevery, you have to understand that everything I
do is 1st time so nothing is easy and nothing goes on schedule.

Well, over the winter I replaced the carbs with SU's, replaced as required
the manifold keeping the old muffler since it was still in good shape.

I had to add the choke and modify the accelerator cable. First I had to
find the accelerator cable bracket (ended up with 2, anyone need one?),
made the little do-dad to prevent the gas cable from slipping, and then
all the manifold tubing and SU tubing had to be done. Had a lot of help
from listers, especially thanks, Tyson.

The weather here has been great so I finally took the dive. Since the
engine hadn't been turned over since last Aug., I took a few precautions
(oiled the cylinder, turned the engine over with no plugs while checking
the oil pressure,etc.) and then replaced the plugs, crossed my fingers and
damn if it didn't catch on 1st try.  And the 2nd...

Talk about a sh..-eating grin.

And that is why I own my B.

Thanks everyone for listening.

Bill Saidel