Re: introducing 90w into steering rack

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: introducing 90w into steering rack
From: ehubbard@digitalexp.com (Elaine Hubbard)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 13:40:41 -0500
I'll second what robmgb suggested.  This works for me.  Apparently only the
very early racks had a zerk fitting at all.  Mine is a '68 and has no such
fitting.  Just loosen the clamp on the boot ( I went in between the tie rod
and the boot) and pump in the 90W oil.  I found that I could only get about
half of the specified amount in from each side before I began to have
backflow problems, so I just went to the other side and did the same thing.

>hand pump oil can loaded with 90wt and flat screwdriver to gently open the
>hole between rack and boot
>robmgb

John Hubbard
'68 MGB-GT