New steering wheel

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New steering wheel
From: Steve Shoyer <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 01:11:43 -0500
I finally removed the old steering wheel from my 1980 MGB and was able to
install the RV8-style wheel I picked up a few months ago.  It looks great,
and I was able to fix two other problems at the same time.  The old wheel
wasn't centered, so mounting it on different splines solved that.  Also, the
turn signals weren't automatically turning off, but I rotated the blue
notched disk on the turn signal switch a few times and now it's working like
it should.

I took some pictures of the steering wheel, which are at
http://www.shoyer.com/mgb/moremgb.htm.

Thanks for everyone who gave advice on how to remove the wheel.  The PB
Blaster finally did the trick!

--Steve Shoyer (1980 MGB)