aluminum head for mgb

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: aluminum head for mgb
From: "Ted Stowe" <cessna@speakeasy.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 09:16:14 -0800
question for the group. what is the consensious on the crossflow head or the
replacment aluminum head, (standard design)

for a '77 mgb.

I am under the impression that neither head would precisely match my
existing one, (latter changes, etc.), and would have to be milled to get a
proper compression ratio, etc. also the horsepower gains from the crossflow
head are slight compared to the costs, new manifolds etc.

I know there is a lot of info in the archives, but I was wondering if any of
the sources of these heads have changed their specs lately.

thanks, Ted