Re: Roll bars - bear hugging the seat Saved my A__!

To: <ahhclem@kcnet.com>, "Eric" <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roll bars - bear hugging the seat Saved my A__!
From: wizardz@toad.net
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 23:04:31 -0500
grabbing the passenger seat...saved my life
ON THE HIGHWAY!
anyone that's been to my web site knows (can read)
the story of the Tractor Trailer using my Primrose
'73 GT (named YB) as a soccer ball on it's maiden voyage
home to my house t he night I purchased it.
When all you see out your drivers window is the
grill work of a tractor trailer coming at you at 50+mph...
I fully expected to become a wheel choke under the
front of the truck. Luckily I only had a lap belt. I dove over and
bear hugged the passenger seat...hoping like hell
the car wouldn't crush down any lower than the tops of the doors.

Don't ever let anyone tell you a GT isn't a safe car.
After three contacts and a jersey wall at 50, it was still draveable.
I bought Obie a month later.... been driving him ever since!

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html