Carlisle date change letter response

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carlisle date change letter response
From: DOUGLAS_RUSSELL@nyc.yr.com
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 18:31:42 -0500
List,

Here is the reply I received from the letter I sent to Carlisle about
changing the import show date from May to September in 2001.  Sounds like I
hit a wall of nicey-nice market babble.  I guess Lisa never met our own Dr.
Macy who is just going to be so unhappy about not being able to drive to
Carlisle in the freezing spring rain with his topless midget (uh, I mean
his small car with no top).

I excluded my letter for brevity but, IMMHO, it was a good one although the
bit about never attending a fall event was mostly for dramatic effect.  Oh
well.

Dr. Doug

Douglas,  we appreciate your comments regarding the change to the Import
show dates.  Believe me we have examined and discussed all the points
that you have raised.  The September move is one that we felt would best
suite the markets needs and as an event promoter of eight events this
date was one that worked into our busy schedule.  We have had the
Mother's day issue for a number of years as well as potential cold, wet
weather in the month of May.  I am sure you remember the rain,
temperatures in the high 30s.  We felt that we could satisfy the
concerns that we were hearing from our participants and vendors. I truly
hope you will reconsider your decision to attend in September 2001.  It
might just be a great time to pick up a winter project.
Thanks for your comments,
Lisa Leathery