Play in Pedals - MGA

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Play in Pedals - MGA
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 14:42:10 +1000
Hi all,

More work on the A. Floor rails are now primed, and painted. Soon it will be
time to do the floorboards, cutting the angles etc and drilling the holes.
Right now I'm in the process of mounting the new oil cooler. I was also
pretty impressed how the paint in the engine bay came up after a couple of
tiring hours scrubbing with a scotch brite pad. I know, that sounds extreme,
but there was no semblance of white paint before. At least now it is clean
and looks a lot better for what amount of paint is left. This car really
needs a body off resto. Will get one sometime in the next 10 yrs.

Well now for the question. While I'm in here, with lots of access room, I
want to fix the play I have in the pedals. There is sideways movement of
over 1" on the clutch and the brake pedals. Can someone tell me what needs
replacing? The problem clearly lies at/around the master cylinder - but what
is worn exactly?

Thanks! :)

Cheers,
Neil