Re: My new web page!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My new web page!
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 22:27:54 +0000
Speedo79@aol.com wrote:

> Ladies and Gentlemen of the List:
>
> I have just put together my web page.  Would you do me a favor and
> take a look, perhaps offering some constructive criticism?

... but seriously...

Just a comment I have made here before.  Rather than making a single
page that takes a long time (hey, I am in Australia and I am using a 42k
dialup connection:-) to load, maybe you should group smaller numbers of
the photos onto individual pages.

I really like a lot of the photos but I would hesitate to refer back to
them again because I would have to load the whole page of photos again
just to see one or two of them.  Using thumbnails (little versions of
the picture) and linking them to a larger version for people who want to
see the real detail is a useful tool. I can't claim to be too groovy in
the webpage design stakes myself but this is just one thing that seems
to bug me.

For something not particularly wonderful but which demonstrates what I
am talking about check out this page on my rather disjointed website...

http://www.erickson.on.net/mgb/mallala/nov6_99.html

It still ain't the fastest loading and could do with further improvement
but you will get my drift about thumbnailing the photos.

Hey, one man's poison....  this is purely my $AU0.02 - YMMV and
manyothers may violently disagree:-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII