Re: coolent recovery

To: larryhoy@prodigy.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: coolent recovery
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 12:45:03 EDT
In a message dated 4/4/00 12:08:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
larryhoy@prodigy.net writes:

<< Jay, you may be correct but I have not found this to be the case.  Perhaps
this "feature" would
 depend on what type radiator cap you have???

 In my experiance the coolant overflows to the catch tank and stays there.

 Anyone out there have further experiance? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The tube going into the recovery tank must be at the bottom of the tank or it
can't suck the coolant back into the radiator when it cools and contracts.
It is simple physics that as the coolant cools (kewls) it will contract, and
it has to suck the liquid from the recovery bottle back in, unless the tube
isn't down low enough in the bottle.  If the tube isn't in the liquid you
will only get air back in the readiator, and you are now low on coolant again.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport