RE: Lucas fog lenses

To: "'Tim Economu'" <economu@whidbey.com>
Subject: RE: Lucas fog lenses
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 10:20:05 -0700
Tim:

        Sorry, I can't help you on the lenses.  You might try Holden in the
UK.

        I am very familiar with Halogen bulbs.  For regular use I would
suggest not increasing the current rating from the normal 55W.  The higher
output bulbs do offer slight increases in brightness, but the longevity is
drastically cut.  Add to that the increased loads on wiring and relays, and
IMHO the brightness increase is not worth the cost.

        In all cases poor illumination is due to the lamp design, not the
bulb output.  Increasing the bulb output just splashes more light in places
you don't want it.
        I spent many formative years doing Pro-Rally and came to the
conclusion that the more you spend for lamps, the better the lighting.
        My experience is dated tho' as I have not kept up with the modern
reflector types of lamps.  Bets are the same addage holds true.

Kelvin.