Re:

To: James Porco <jporco@juno.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 21:47:37 -0600
When my 71BGT had this problem, I too hoped for an easy fix. But in my
case, the problem was excessive wear on the pressure plate and the release
bearing. This caused excessive piston travel. Your symptoms correspond.

But I also had a slight squealing sound precede this problem of mine.

If this is the problem, you can get a clutch kit (release bearing, pressure
plate, clutch disc) from any supplier for around $100 or so, but you will
also have to pull the transmission and/or engine.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT