LE Wheels

To: mglist <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: LE Wheels
From: Frank Krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:47:50 -0400
Not another thread on tire size? Finally bit the bullet and picked up a
set of new LE wheels for my 1980 MGB LE off ebay.  Since the set on my
car are original and have 60K miles I figured it was time. 2 questions:
1) is there anything that can be done to prevent the clear coat that
covers the LE wheels from delaminating?  ON my original wheels, 3 of
them look awful where the original "protective" coat has lifted. Epoxy?
Urethane? Would I have the same problem? 2) What is the best  tire to
mount on these new wheels? Obviously I don't need anything high
performance but do want to improve the handling.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski
http://www.bmcne.com