Re: Dumb Question re V8

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <bburrows@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Dumb Question re V8
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 06:53:37 -0400
I am positive that the MGB GT V8 that won the Concours Class at MG 98 in
Hagerstown, MD was a factory MGB GT V8. It was all original and driven to
Hagerstown from Oklahoma. I am not positive of the year, but it was a
rubber bumpered car. I beleive the guy said he bought in the US, but I am
not completely sure. I know it was RHD. I have it in a 3 foot long photo,
of the entire show class, on my wall.

Larry

>MGB GT V8 was produced April 73 to Sept 76. Total of 2,584 cars
>including 7 exported - none to the USA because the Rover engine
>was never detoxed for 70's US emission standards. From my little
>book The MGA, MGB, and MGC by Graham Robson.
>
>Mike L.
>60 MGA etc

Larry Macy
78 Midget