hif6/austin marina help

To: mgs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: hif6/austin marina help
From: "Ted S." <cessna@speakeasy.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 16:27:23 -0700
howdy howdy.

I just popped an 18v austin marina int/ex manifold on my mgb. it came with a
single hif6. however when I took all of this apart, many months ago I forgot
the sequence of the carb to manifold disasmembly.

there is a throttle cable bracket, an electric carb body heater then the
carb.

I am trying to figure out if the cable bracket went first, (next to the
manifold), then the carb heater, then the carb.
or was the heater next to the manifold.

I want to make sure I get the alignments correct.
I'm sure there is some subtle reasoning for it all.

this has btw, an electric heater for the dashpot, and one for the carb body,
the latter is the one that I'm confused by.

thanks, Ted