Re: Midget parts needed desperatly!!

To: "Becky Pheysey" <pheysey@enol.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Midget parts needed desperatly!!
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 12:15:28 -0400
Hey Stephen!! Welcome.

As to the parts here are a few suggestions - unless you are doing a
concours resto you can do these:

Mirror - get a different one or a new one from a moss reseller
Carpet - get a piece from a carpet store - usually good quality
Seatcovers - I have faux sheepskin (need repalced) but they have lasted 3
+ years. I got them from PepBoys
Throttle cable - go to a bike store and get a long enough heavy duty
brake cable, Get 2 to be safe, and just thread it through the existing
cable housing.

as to the rest, My suggestion - try Moss or maybe somebody can give you a
hand.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 4/20/00 11:29 AM, pheysey@enol.com made the
profound statement:

>Hello everyone... I'm finishing up my repairs on my '78 california
>midget and I need a bunch of parts that I've listed below (new or good
>used condition).  If you have any or all of them that you would like to
>sell, please email me privately.  Just to let you know who I am my name
>is Stephen Pheysey, I'm an 18 y/o college student, and I've owned this
>Midget for two years now.  I've put about ten thousand miles on it and
>have enjoyed it a ton.
>-Front swaybar with endlinks and mounting hardware
>-Dash cover
>-The glass for the passenger side mirror
>-Gearshift knob
>-Carpet or floormats for driver and passenger footwells
>-Good working throttle cable
>-Headrests or headrest replacement vinyl (Tan)
>-Repacement seat back vinyl or a set of NICE seatcovers (tan, sheepskin,
>other?)
>-pedal pads (gas, brake, ect)
>-The plastic seals that mount on the top of the door and prevent water
>from running down the window into the door.
>-Rear exhaust mount/hanger
>-Anyone know where I can get British Racing Green touch-up paint?
>Thanks everyone,
>Stephen Pheysey

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu