Re: 77B Saga Part 2

To: amproud@nf.sympatico.ca, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 77B Saga Part 2
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:05:38 EDT
In a message dated 4/20/00 9:57:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
amproud@nf.sympatico.ca writes:

<< On another note I since pushed the car back inside and while examining my
 light switch discovered that a plug under my seat was not connected. Do I
 remember somewhere that some models won't go if the seat belt warning thingy
 isn't attatched???? Could I be so fortunate?? >>

I think it was around '74 or '75 that they used the ignition cut off for
safety reasons, then decided that it was safe enough to just use a buzzer.
The plug is supposed to shut off the buzzer.  At least, that's the way it is
in my '77 Midget.  Or WAS in my '77 Midget before the DPO removed it.

Did you swap the coil?

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget