Re: clicking/ticking valve noise is now gone

To: Pointparty@aol.com
Subject: Re: clicking/ticking valve noise is now gone
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 20:11:20 EDT
In a message dated 04/21/2000 5:16:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
Pointparty@aol.com writes:

Well, Pointparty,

<<  $130 plus freight.  It came in  perfect with new bushings and resurfaced
rocker arm bottoms.  The shaft, spacer springs, little washer things and
locknuts were all new. >>

"...little washer things..."??   Had you let your "...great MG repair guru..."
 do the "rebuild" prob'ly  would have been around $75 for the same thing
since he was gonna make a few bucks on the R & R.

 << I took the whole thing to my great MG repair guru who has an insured shop
and  the right tools, knows what he is doing and guarantees his work.  In a
short time while I hung out, he  installed the new assembly properly greasing

I sincerely hope you mean "assembly lubing" NOT greasing!!

<<it beforehand, setting all the valve adjustments to .015 cool.  The engine
 sounded just like it did when it was new.  He  torqued it down and buttoned
 it up.  No left over parts, no downtime. >>

NO "downtime"???????  That makes less sense than this entire post by
you?!?!?!?!?

<<Labor charge $100. >>

So, instead of handing the hard working gent $150 to $175 you shelled out $
$230.  Sounds like a real "deal" to me.  'Course I would expect that anytime
you call him to do some work you will rank right at the top of his list !!

<< Yeah, I could do  it myself, but when? >>

When you wanna drive the car without what was prob'ly not that much of a prob.

<< And I really don't know for sure what I am looking at
 or if I'm doing it correctly.  >>

Huum, "no" shop manuals, "no" desire to learn, "no" desire to anything for
your self, huh?

 <<My car is a perfect, dependable clean driver once more. >>

Huuum?

<<THE CLICKING TICKING VALVE NOISE IS GONE. >>

Actually, not really a "good" sign.  Too tight.

<<See ya at the beach. >>

I "wish" !!!  Kinda lacking in that dept. here in ILL.!!!<F>

 <<Happy Passover and Happy Easter! >>

           Ed