RE: Alternator Question - igntion light

To: david@mcna.demon.co.uk, dcouncil@imt.net
Subject: RE: Alternator Question - igntion light
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 16:53:16 -0400
My alternator created some funny dim charge inidcator light al the way.
Dismanteled  the alternator and measured with an ohmmeter all diodes.
\These proved to be o.k.
But the brushes were a bit sticky in their housing, so were not making all
the good contact with the rotor.
Cleaned it and it still is running very well!

Good luck!

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT