Re: brake question

To: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Subject: Re: brake question
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 06:55:17 -0500
Keith Wheeler wrote:

> My guess is bad brake master cylinder.  I know it's hard to tell
> over the 'net...any advice?  If I need a new BMC, so be it, it just
> means one less spare tyre... :|   But I've got to solve it soon,
> not much time.

That would be my guess too!  If the brake fluid is slipping past the seals
the pressure goes away and there may be no external leakage.  You might try
the chain auto parts stores for the master cylinder.  You don't mention the
year of the car but I used to get m/c's for my '74 and '78 at O'Reilly Auto
Parts (local chain based in Springfield, MO) for about $50 and they come w/
a lifetime warranty.

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO