Clutch slave cylinder

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch slave cylinder
From: "M. Edwin Vaughan" <edvaughan@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 15:51:08 -0500
Hello again Folks,

Thanks to the list I got that bloody hose off. Now I have a Q about the
cylinder itself. As I was looking at the cylinder I noticed that the
first 5/8" was pitted, then it was smooth until about 1" to 1 1/4" down
the cylinder. At that point I can feel ridges and if I look down the
cylinder I can see groves worn in the cylinder (possibly caused by the
spring?). When I bought the rebuild kit I was told that I might want to
just go ahead and put in a new cylinder. Should I do this? They are about
$60, I think, so I wouldn't have to break the bank to get a new. I would
just have to wait! Well, at least I am getting this patience thing down!

TIA,

Edwin
'77 B

"I'm tryin' to think but nuthin' happens."
-- Curly Howard (the stooge)

The MG Filling Station
http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/seatbelt/572