Re: U-joints (full story)

To: <JustBrits@aol.com>, <swconley@foxinternet.net>, <Thecarguru@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: U-joints (full story)
From: "David Hill" <Davhill@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 21:44:27 +0100
Hello, JBrits.

I did this job recently on my '72 GT. The old UJs did not have grease
points.

There are *no* dimples in my propshaft, nor are they mentioned in my Haynes
manual (1981 print, p. 141). However, with the grease points fitted
shaftwards as mentioned in Haynes, I can grease my UJs easily.

Could it be that dimpled shafts were only used where greasable joints were
originally fitted?

Cheers,

Dave Hill

Can I Telework for you? See what I do, at...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/davtel/index.html
Troubled by a phobia? Know someone who has one? Go to...
http://www.angelfire.com/de/ukphobias/index.html