Re: U-joints

To: "Steve Conley" <swconley@foxinternet.net>
Subject: Re: U-joints
From: "1979MGB" <1979mgb@vixa.voyager.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:02:59 -0400
Steve,

One thing I learned after I put mine in wrong - My original u-joints did not
have a grease fitting.  The new ones did - a long one to make it easy to
grease.  Well if you look at the yoke you can see one side has a "groove"
cut in it for more clearance for the fitting - not very big but if you look
at both sides you can see it.

I put my 1st one on and there wasn't much movement allowed before hitting
the fitting.  It only had to be rotated to the next position but that
required taking it apart again.  This is the only tip I have - look for the
"groove" or make sure you put the fitting back to the same place as the old
one if your old u-joint had a grease fitting.

Denny