Re: Body work

To: spritenut@exit109.com
Subject: Re: Body work
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 10:02:29 EDT
In a message dated 04/28/2000 8:30:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spritenut@exit109.com writes:

<< BFH and a dolly to bang it out. Bondo, sandpaper, bondo, sandpaper,
 primer, sandpaper, spot putty, sandpaper, probably more bondo, much more
 sandpaper, more spot putty, more sandpaper, prime it again, spray it
 with a spray bomb and block sand it to check for highs and lows, if it's
 OK, paint it, BUT, you will probably have to repeat all of the above.  >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks, Frank.  I know the basics, but was hoping for some info about where
to place the dolly and how hard to bang, etc.  I bought a cheeep body work
set from Harbor Freight when it was on sale.  It has three small BFH's (now
there's an oxymoron) and a buncha dollies.  I still haven't unwrapped most of
it.  I have never actually used dollies and a hammer for body work.  (Yet!)
Might as well practice on my son's car!

I'll pick up a book on generic body work.

BTW, this entire car is made of Asian metal.  It's a Mazda!

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport