TD Clutch Cable VS Clutch Levers

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: TD Clutch Cable VS Clutch Levers
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 23:49:37 EDT
The clutch lever linkage on my TD is loose as a goose. The bush and clevis
pin holes are worn out. I could get a new bush and have the holes welded and
re-drilled. But it looks like it would be easier to install the clutch cable.
My TD is an early model that should have the cable anyway (The bracket is
still on the oil pan.). Which mechanism is best, the cable or the lever?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336