Re: Aston [sic] Mini

To: "Robert Sexson" <rsexson@excite.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aston [sic] Mini
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 19:48:47 -0700
Presumably you mean an AUSTIN Mini, the original front-wheel-drive,
transverse engine sub-compact, designed by Alec Issigonis. Used the
A-series Austin engine, same as the Sprite and early Midget. Millions
sold worldwide, and still in production (sort of) so not exactly rare,
but not all that common in the US, either. Fanatic club support. Parts
widely available. Quick when setup properly, but spartan to the extreme.
If you enjoy driving a Spridget with the hardtop on, you may be a
candidate for Mini ownership. Does that answer your question?

Robert Sexson had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149