Re: MGF in Oz-Give away!-URL & Advert

To: "Eric" <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGF in Oz-Give away!-URL & Advert
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 22:49:06 +0930
On Friday, 5 May 2000 Eric wrote

> >From the "Adelaide Advertiser", Thursday May 4, 2000.

> Yes... and that sales pitch is the lead up to a competition where they
> are giving away... the Birthday Edition MGF :-)

The plot has been revealed, the give away is a promotion for a new Magazine
called 'Inside Out'.  It's all about interior decorating your home or
apartment.  Usual stuff in it, garden plans, furniture, peoples holiday
homes and beach retreats. Costs $Aus5.50, it isn't my type of magazine, BUT,
on page 98 a full double spread tells how to get the give away details for
the MGF, I know,  'cuz I bought the mag so I can enter the competition for
the MGF.  The Ad reads:-

Win a limited edition MGF VVC valued at $Aus59,900 *Price excludes dealer
and statuary charges*.
Imagine yourself owning a racy little number like this.  You could be the
lucky 'INSIDEout' reader to win this dream machine, simply by entering via
phone or e-mail, it's that easy!

[***Now here's the good bit***]

MG has been building sports cars so addictive, so involving.  That even the
shortest journey is enough to make you tingle with anticipation.  Now is
your opportunity to experience the excitement of driving your very own MGF
Limited Edition 75th Anniversary VVC.

[That reads like the adverts the factory used to write, way back when.]

We are directed to visit their web site and get the details of the
competition and how to enter the draw.  That's my next chore <BG>
http://www.insideout.com.au  is the place to visit.

L8R.

Scotty,
Adelaide. Australia.