Re: My Rear is Dripping

To: Anthony Woodruff <tonymmedia@yahoo.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My Rear is Dripping
From: Christopher Reichle <creichle@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 19:27:53 -0700 (PDT)
inserted below

--- Anthony Woodruff <tonymmedia@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Under the right-rear of my 67 MGB Roadster is a pool
> of what appears to be black oil.

I'm glad this turned out to be LBC related. I was not
looking forward to hearing about any other kind of ear
dripping

> There's a chance that my son was goofing around a
> spilled it (wishful thinking), but more likely my
> rear
> shock is leaking this gastly fluid.

Let's hope so...

> Question:  How can I test or fix?  Should I top-off
> and forget about it until later?

You should be able to top it off from an access hole
from within the car. Top it off and see if it leaks
everywhere. You can swap them for rebuilt units or
replace them with a gas shock conversion for probably
less than rebuilt units.