Is this vapor lock?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Is this vapor lock?
From: "Michael E. Blair" <mblair@nfis.com>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 22:22:45 -0400
My 78B has a Mikuni carb on it. I have finally got it tuned to the point
that it idles good but am still going to replace it. My problem is this; the
car starts and runs great for about 15 to 20 minutes. After this point it
seems to lose all power. Still idles great at 800 rpm, but step on the gas
and it spits and sputters. It seems to be related to heat and this is what
steers me towards vapor lock. The heater hose line that was hooked to the
original auto choke on the original carb is now routed directly under the
mikuni... could this be heating up the carb enought to vapor lock it?

Any thoughts?
Mike