Re: was; speaking of brakes/rear wheel lock - resolved

To: "Gordon Bird" <gb@the-bdc.com>,
Subject: Re: was; speaking of brakes/rear wheel lock - resolved
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 07:28:52 -0700
Gordon,

Make sure the hole in the lower jet bearing is not oval. Replace it if it
is. Then make sure your jet itself is not leaking. Hold the jet tube by
passing a small Phillips screwdriver through the hole drilled axially
halfway along the tube and tighten the yoke and its square-headed securing
bolt by gripping the yoke with an adjustable wrench. Often, this bolt is a
little bit loose, allowing fuel to run down the threads, giving all the
symptoms of a leaking jet seal.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center