Re: #%$@&* SAE Bolts Forced into a TD Block

To: <BobMGT@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: #%$@&* SAE Bolts Forced into a TD Block
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 08:11:34 -0700
If you want to risk the bolts stripping further or falling out in due
course, Bob, just re-using the SAE bolts is the way to go. {G}

The proper way to fix this problem is really simple, however. Buy a metric
Helicoil set, install helicoils in the damaged holes and obtain either the
correct bolt from Moss (metric threads with BSF heads) or metric bolts from
the same place that you buy the Helicoils. If memory serves, the threads are
8 x 1 but checking the threads on the bolts that were not switched to SAE
would confirm this point.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center