Re: Top

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com, frankk@intap.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Top
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 16:52:54 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/00 1:43:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mvheim@studiolimage.com writes:

<< Hmm, as a guess, I don't see why not. The header rail only interacts with
 the windscreen top frame and and not with any other part of the top bows
 on the packaway hood, so I can't imagine why it wouldn't fit. Just check
 to make sure the clamps on the rail you have align with the sockets on
 your windscreen. But then, I am not personally familiar with how the
 header rail is attached to the folding top frame (if at all), so there
 may be some detail that I am overlooking. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have less experience than Max with this, but I did replace the hood on my
'77 Midget.  I don't see whay it wouldn't work, but I would check the
alignment of the header when it is attached to the windscreen, to the next
support bar.  This will determine where the edge of the hood will meet the
top of the door window.  If it seems to be straight, it should work.

Good luck.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget