around the world into Azerbaijan

To: "Aston List" <aml-lovers@egroups.com>
Subject: around the world into Azerbaijan
From: "John J. Black" <transmancat@bbnow.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 23:18:44 -0700
Hi Guys
Everyone managed to get up in time to start the days driving to catch the
ferry, some had even managed to get a cabin to get some more sleep after the
days rally duties! Most however had to put up with chairs. From what we are
told most people are so tired now that it does not matter that much.

The currency to use (if problems are to be avoided is the good old US $,
people were surprised at the cost of living here, everything is so cheap (3
ice creams and a full tank of gas for only $5. The rest of the day involved
ferry and border crossing paperwork so nothing much to report there. The
Hunts in Team Healey car 83 have had to have some welding done when as weld
broke loose on the rear axle, the exhaust problem is now solved and all the
brakes are working for the moment. These cars are certainly getting some
punishment.

I now have some pictures that I will post to our website, they come courtesy
of Hillyard.co.uk and the people on the event and the rally organizers. I
will tip you off when the are posted.
Regards
John J Black
Waterloo Drivetrain Systems