Horn and wiper switch question

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Horn and wiper switch question
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 22:40:41 -0400
Since my old wiper switch was shot (DPO had spliced in a toggle switch
under the dash), I replaced it with a used one I had on hand. If I put
the switch in the down position, the wipers turn on, and if the stalk is put
back to the center (off) position, they stop wherever they are . If I put
the switch in the up position, the wipers park back to their normal resting
position. Is this right? Second question involves the horn. It appears that
the metal strip that should contact the ring on the steering wheel is
missing from the spade connector that attaches it to the black/purple horn
ground wire (looks like it broke off). The Moss and VB catalogs do not show
this part. Anyone else needed to replace this part, and where did they find
it? TIA.

Craig
'71 B