sun roof

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: sun roof
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 18:45:23 -0400
As far as I can tell, there is no company presently producing the
sliding/folding sun roof as found on many MGBGT's. Britax has
discontinued that model, as has Webasto according to their web sites. At
one time, another company, Weathershield also made the sun roofs, as
well as the side curtains for several British cars, but I cannot locate
the company.

Britax continues to make an electric version of the sliding fabric sun
roof, but no more manual versions. Larry Hoy has found an American
manufacturer of electric sliding fabric sun roofs, but again, no manual
version.

Just to save Bill Schooler from responding, there was never a factory
installed sun roof. That is why Clausenger does not list any info. In
many cases, the GT's left the factory to go straight to another facility
for installation of a sun roof, & then to the dealer or shipping point,
but it would be considered a "dealer option".

Jim Stuart
1974 MGBGTV8(spurious) with Britax sliding fabric sun roof